Monday, March 21, 2011

Class Pets Venn Diagram

This week for our comprehension skill we are reviewing how to compare and contrast. On Mondays and Thursdays we have Reading Lab which is an intervention that we have put in place for our struggling readers.  During that time block, I keep my students that don't need reading interventions and I do extension activities with them.  This is what we did today.  

Meet our class guinea pigs!!  Their names are Spike and Rose.  This is the second year that I've had them and my students just LOVE them!  They take turns feeding and watering them with our jobs chart (I'll post later). 




I have their cage in a plastic storage bin which completely gets rid of the mess factor!


I printed little guinea pigs and gave them to my students.  They wrote adjectives about our piggies and then we posted them on our venn diagram door.  


Do you have class pets?  How do you incorporate them into the curriculum?

2 comments:

Erica Bohrer said...

So cute!
Check out my blog for what I do with my guinea pig, Molly.
http://ericabohrer.blogspot.com/search/label/Pets%2FHumane%20Education

Rachelle said...

Hahahaha... how cute! I'm pretty sure my school does not allow class pets. But to be honest, I've never checked! It's really hard because we go on and off track so much! I'd love to have guinea pigs in my classroom!!!! CUTE!