Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pssst.. We love fairy mist! (A classroom management tip)

Has one of your little darlings ever felt down in the dumps?  Were they in need of a magic fairy to make their day all better?   Then let me let you in on a little secret.  Over here in my class where we are always trying to make the sun shine, we use rose water for its aromatherapy benefits. 



According to aromatherapy and my own experience, rose water offers a soothing property to the nerves and emotional /psychological state of mind. It is regarded as an anti-depressant. Rose water/oil is increasingly used in treatments for conditions of stress like nervous tension, peptic ulcers and heart disease.  Rose water is also used as an antiseptic. Not to mention is really does smell heavenly!

When I have a student that is having a bad day, feeling glum, or even if my entire class is just feeling lethargic.  I will have them close their eyes and then I tell them they are going to be sprayed with fairy mist.

THEY LOVE IT!
Plus it really works!  

This is my favorite brand to use.  I usually pick it up at Whole Foods but you can order it online also!  Click on the picture for a link to purchase your very own fairy mist!  Did I mention you can get it for only $5 ?!




It always makes them feel better.  There's nothing like a cold shot of fairy mist in the face to lighten the mood! 

Here is a label you can print and put on your bottle to cutesy it up :)
Click on the picture for you copy.


No comments: